Friday, May 11, 2012

Another Important Last....


           I went to the "piano preludes" at the elementary school today.  Before the spring school concert kids who play piano take turns performing.  It always means a lot to them if I am there to listen to my students----important commitment.  This was the last one for me here in Park Falls.  The program's theme was Cowboy songs.  (My first memory of TV was when I was around 6 years old----when living with my foster family in Indiana.  Every evening I would sit on the brown weaved oval shaped rug and watch a half hour program of cowboy music---Tumbling Tumble Weeds, Red River Valley, Happy Trails.  Music must have been  my life blood even back then.)

                              piano playing cowboy, Gabe












        Most of the day was beautiful and warm.   I took a walk this morning; spring blossoms are all over town.











"Ol' Dan Tucker was a mighty man,
washed his face in a frying pan,
combed his hair with a wagon wheel
and died with a toothpick in his heel."
(folk song)






     The day was also a bewildering house buying prep day--phone calls, faxes and failed faxes, emails, more phone calls, worried thoughts, forms to look over and sign, concerned thoughts, excited thoughts.  The closing should be accomplished by Tuesday 5/15.  Then I will be excited!!

This has been a good piano prelude, spring walk, house buying prep day in the life of Grandma G.

"Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations."
(Romans 4:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment