Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Merry Month of May!

red buds on tree
     I went for an early walk--9:30AM--early for me.  Thunder storms are forecast for later this afternoon and tomorrow.  It was partly sunny/cloudy and a hint of moisture in the air.  The breeze had just a tinge of chill.  A refreshing walk.  I followed that with 20 minutes of stretches, a hot cup of Yorkshire Gold tea with turbinado sugar and half & half, and a great hot shower.   Life is good!   A wonderful, refreshing combination for the 1st day of May!
    May means that winter is officially over.  Spring is HERE no matter what the temperature or wind.  Summer is on the horizon and activities schedule!   Yeah!

  I had another first this morning.  I finally put in different pierced earrings than the originals "pierced in"  8 weeks ago.  I had tried a few weeks back, but a little bleeding scared me off.  Not THIS time.  The left one was hard to get out, but the new one easy to put in.  The right one came out easy, but the new one didn't want to go in---a little bleeding and a patch of skin in the back of the ear.  With a little persuasion  and persistence I got the new one in!   Who says you can't teach an elder poodle new tricks!
(The earrings and necklace are hanging turtles.  My talkative young boy student was looking at me this afternoon then commented, "those turtles look like they are biting your ears".  Kids)



     A customer came in the store this afternoon.  She is also a friend of mine.  She has a soap making business and was looking for guitar strings to use  for soap cutting.  She didn't know what gauge to buy.  She says, "I don't know what string to get.  What note do you use to cut soap?"  I replied that I don't know, maybe G.  I told her a fellow was in awhile back to buy a  guitar string to cut cheese.  I said that would make a good song, "Who Cut the Cheese in the Key of G?"  My friend thought that it would go over well in Portland.  I'm sure she wasn't implying folks in Portland are cheesy.  We had a good laugh and then found her a couple strings to try.  She signed my autograph book; said she was excited for me to follow my dreams.  When I told her that 2 sisters and I were going to Banff National Park in Canada she responded that she has heard it is very beautiful.  She even suggested I start  "one of those Internet things--you know--a blog?".  Good idea!   I told her I did 2 months ago.  She is eager to follow along!

     I spent time this afternoon figuring out what song to play and sing for the annual prayer day for our country that is held every year at our local nursing home.  I have participated in it for several years.  The coordinator asked me to sing a song.  I have been putting it off but since Thursday is 2 days away I figured it is time to decide.  I am going to do a medley of 3 patriotic songs.

    This evening I altered the dress for Sunday's recital.  There wasn't much that had to be done, but the upper portion was too long for me.  (This is a busy, crazy week.  Lots of activities going.)

     This has been a good May Day in the life of Grandma G.

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.  Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land."  (Song of Songs 2:11 & 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment