Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Music Week.....

     This week is all about MUSIC, MUSIC,  MUSIC!  It's about getting the students ready for the recital on Sunday.  It is about me singing for the National Day of Prayer service tomorrow (Thurs) and attending a jazz choir concert in the evening.  It's about getting 2 piano solos and 2 songs ready for me to perform at the recital on Sunday.  It's about getting the "perfect" look---or at least an acceptable fashion look--for me for the recital.  It's about getting the program typed and printed and signing the achievement certificates for the kids.  It's about getting the house in order for the weekend---Chuck and his family will be here. 
         It's my BIG EVENT of the teaching year.  So.....I am going to bed so at least there will be enough energy to make it through everything.
        One humorous story I just learned about today.  I went to the local "fashion" store-- the only one in town.  The lady who owns it has known me and my kids for years.  When my son, Chuck, (Chuckie) was in 4th grade he stayed overnight at their house.  He and their son were schoolmates.  She told me she still remembers that time.  She made pancakes for the boys for breakfast.  Chuck ate and ate and ate and threw up on the plate.  Immediately after he asked for more because he was still hungry.  She said they were all grossed out, but he simply wanted more pancakes.  If Chuck told me about that I don't remember it.  I'll ask him if he remembers the event when he comes this weekend.  Gross. (She signed my autograph book.)
     I sold 2 guitars this afternoon.  A few people are checking out the 2 pianos.  Sales will be 30% off for the next 2 weeks. 

     This has been a good "middle of a music week" day in the life of Grandma G.

"It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High."  (Psalm 92:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment