Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tis a Work Day.....

     Waking up this morning I realized that some work is just beginning---cleaning out the store.  It seems like an overwhelming task, but  taking it "one climb at a time" it will get done.   I hope.  By Saturday.  I hope.

      I spent an hour at the computer "tweaking" my new CD project.  There is still hope of finishing it and having it available in mid June.  Hurray!    Oh, The Places I've Been!

      BUMMER!    The spin cycle on the washer just quit.  I could still ring out the clothes by hand and put them in the dryer.  At this point its the laundromat for 2 months OR maybe a new washer from the landlord!

     The afternoon at the store was mostly quiet.  I turned on the "open" sign one more time.   A lady and her daughter came in to pick up a drum set, and a few folks stopped to look around. 
     I started cleaning out my teaching studio.  This "closing out the store" project is going to be much more challenging than I thought.  It's what to do with stuff like a bunch of pencils, pens, paperclips, partially used pages of stickers---toss out or sort for a garage sale?
     Then in the backroom there's piles and piles of paper---receipts from past years, buying and selling records, tax forms---what needs to be saved?  Add old catalogs (lots), old music books (are some antiques?), advertisements.  Oh, the fun never ends.  And that's all before packing left over merchandise.
       I won't be turning on the "open" sign anymore.  The fellow from a nearby shop came to buy it from me.  It will flicker on even when I am gone. 
       I need to prepare myself to live in a mess the next 2 months.  There isn't enough room in my house to store everything in an orderly way.  A few years back that wouldn't bother me, but now I get nervous with TOO much mess.  How much is just right? 
                                                I stayed at the store until 8PM before venturing out into the October night.  Well, it felt like October.    Even  the flowers at the Garden Center were needing  blankets for the night. 

Possible frost.

This has been a good "get to work" day in the life of Grandma G.


"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands."
(1 Thessalonians 4:11)









  

No comments:

Post a Comment