Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Copper Falls.....Don't Get Lost...

 The high school girl who helps me didn't come in today.  She was on a class trip with her senior class.  Copper Falls State Park is a land mark here in northern Wisconsin.  It is the point of the "great divide" where rivers drain north into Lake Superior or south into the Mississippi River----or maybe it's east versus west flowing.  Anyway the opposite flowing direction is the important fact in this flashback story.


    I don't quite understand it, but if you look closely you will see 2 rivers flowing from different directions into one river....or a secondary river flowing into the main river.  See?
Looking at it from the opposite direction they look like a Y, with the I part starting from the park center and a trail leading along it.  Now if one (or 3) were walking on the right side of the path with the river flowing one direction, isn't it reasonable that if one(or 3) crosses a bridge and follows that river in the opposite direction one (or 3) would end up back at the park center?  Think about that and I'll tell you more tomorrow. 


___________________________________________________

      Flash forward to last summer.  Some of our family had an enjoyable afternoon at Copper Falls.





    
Well, almost some of us 

     My day was  relaxed, though I felt tired.  I didn't hear any scurrying or scratching in the walls overnight.  This morning I got back to financial concerns and then on to the music store. 
     There I sat for awhile thinking and praying.  A fellow came in to see how things are going.  He spent some time helping me pick out a sound system in a catalog in case I decide I want to do some music shows. 
     The realtor from Vancouver called with more information.  I should have my house by Friday!
     I stopped at the grocery before coming home.  A few folks approached me to say they heard I am leaving.  All the well wishes and expressions of missing me make me feel loved.  I appreciate that.  One lady said she is  following this blog.  A mutual friend got her into it.  I am being watched!  That's good.

    This has been a good rest day in the life of Grandma G.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul."  (Psalm 23:1 & 2)





No comments:

Post a Comment