Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Time to Give It Up.....

     We  all eventually reach a plateau......I think we all do.  I did today.  I practiced for hours to learn the music for 2 accompaniments.  I thought I had them nailed, but this afternoon when I tried, my mind and fingers froze.  One of them would probably be alright, but the second one just wasn't happening.  The music director and I both agreed that she should make other plans.  I felt embarrassed and defeated that I let her down and myself that it was too much for me.
     But I also feel relief.  I can now rest a bit and then get on with lots of issues that need to be resolved.  There are also many "last" activities that I want to do.  Now I feel I can enjoy those.
     Oh, I didn't completely call defeat.  I will be playing a few songs for the early elementary kids at the end of the month.  Much easier music.

       Today WAS a major event day for me.  I signed forms and had them witnessed by a notary and sent them on their way to Columbia Title Company for my new house!  Yea!   The closing should be on Friday, May 18!!!!   Check back and party with me!

      The lady who notarized the forms for me  inquired if I was moving to Portland area. When I responded yes she added that it is beautiful country out that way.  Her ex husband lives in Portland and is wanting her to move out there. She says it's hard for a old doe like her up and move.  I said I am older than her and I'm going.    More confirmation to move there!


      I feel like I've had a demanding rock climbing day over difficult terrain.  But I am thrilled that a major milestone has been reached.  It is time to walk level paths and regain some energy and calm. 

       There is a saying in these parts that northern Wisconsin has 2 seasons---winter and road construction.  Winter must be past because our main highway is under construction as of Monday, May 14.  That will be our plight for all  summer. 

       Our weather started out warm this morning.  By evening the wind was quite cold and frost warnings are out for overnight. 

       This has been a good success/defeat day in the life of Grandma G.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)             

No comments:

Post a Comment