Thursday, May 31, 2012

Crossed a few bridges....

      I kept waking up over night and got up feeling like I was 66 years old.   Oh.   I am.  
      At 8:30 I needed to be in Butternut, a town 6 miles north of here, for rehearsal with the elementary school kids for their end of the year program.  I was to accompany only 3 short songs, but had to wait around until the director got the presentation organized. 
      Returning home around 10:30 I had a brief time before heading off to a chiropractic appointment, (66, remember?)  then had to be back up to the school by 1:15.
      The program was cute.  Fortunately for you I forgot my camera.  WHAT?   I FORGOT my CAMERA. 
      I am now finished with "extra" obligations and can focus on closing the store, finishing financial reports, and start thinking about what to take with me out west.  AND to kick back and ENJOY.....SUMMER.  (Even if there are frost warnings again for tonight.)
     Later in the afternoon Steph stopped at the store.  She graciously agreed to help me do some inventory for a possible buyer on left over merchandise.  I was glad for her help, otherwise I would probably sit around for a few days deciding how to handle all that.  She even brought in her laptop so she could program in the items, then print the sheets out through my printer and I can fax them tomorrow.  She hadn't brought her cable so we were a little puzzled what to do.  Checking my printer I discovered there was one already connected, just waiting for us.  Instant professionals!

       We enjoyed supper at McDonald's and then returned to the store to close up for the night and soon forever. 



Why I didn't go into acting




Hopefully Steph will be one of my first visitors in Vancouver.  Thanks, Steph, for all your help and friendship!

       Today I crossed a bridge from feeling "yuk" physically to more energy: a bridge of apprehension to completion; a bridge of confusion to "a plan"; a bridge of drudgery to fun.


This has been a good bridge crossing day in the life of Grandma G.


"But you will cross the Jordan and settle in the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, and he will give you rest from all your enemies around you so that you will live in safety." (Deuteronomy 12:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment