Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gifts and Goodbyes....

      Today was "The Last Wednesday"  at the store.  It was also a day of last lessons, gifts and goodbyes----but not final goodbyes since I will be here until mid August.
      A grandma of one of the students came in to look at music books.  After the last recital she  presented to me a marvelous, exciting musical idea and potential.  It is so stunning that I am not going to tell you what it is.  It's like not telling your friends where your secret gold mine is---sorta.  It 's just that I want to mull it around, imagine it, picture it, reflect on the reality of it, visualize the "how" of it before I even talk about it---except to  the lady who planted the inspiration in me.  Anyway, she came in this afternoon and I told her that I have been thinking about her idea and am excited to think more about it.  She signed my autograph book and told me to dare to dream big. 


      Today was the last work day for the girl who helps me.  She doesn't have to quit or get laid off since the store is closing on Friday.  Stephanie has been a faithful, trusted helper for 2 years.  I have enjoyed having her come in while I give lessons.  On Saturday I will be attending her high school graduation party.  
God's  blessings and success to you, Steph.  I will miss you.     

She gave me a gift of a plaque that reads, "Family and Friends make our house a home". 
Steph, come visit me in my new home in VC!






     An enthusiastic boy came in for his last lesson.  At this point he is also enthusiastic about summer vacation coming.   All along he has been asking if someone is going to take over the store.  He asked again today.  When I said no, he said he knows of some one who might.  I think he REALLY  is sad about the store closing. 

     A second enthusiastic boy came in for HIS last lesson.  His goal the past 2 weeks since the recital is learning to play the Pink Panther.   He heard a boy play it and had figured out the starting measures.  I was able to find the song in a book.  The notes were too difficult for Carson to read so he worked with me to memorize it.  He came back today with most of it memorized; we worked on the rest of it.  When his dad picked him up I said now he'll have The Pink Panther to listen to.  Dad said, "I know, I know.  We've listened over, and over and over and...."

     A young girl came in for her lesson.  She was excited about getting the same lesson book as her friend.  Now they can talk about various songs.  Her mom bought a stack of books so another lady can continue with the lessons.  She gave a gift that proves I am the world's best music teacher.!


    My last lesson for the day was a girl who has been with me 6 years.  We have grown attached to each other.  Lately we've played a lot of duets.  She and her dad found 2 light up baby seals with their strings wound together.  He said it reminds him of our many duets.  He bought them--one for Maria and one for me.


    





She gave me a gift of teas--my favorite drink-- and a ceramic glass featuring the Packers' Super Bowl win in 2011.  Her mom doesn't want me to forget my "football" roots.
We are already planning their trip out to visit me




   Page views have reached 1005!!  Woo!  Woo!

This has been a good "gifts and goodbyes" day in the life of Grandma G.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." 
 (James 1:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment