Tuesday, May 29, 2012

An Odd Sensation....

     At 10AM everything in me is telling me I need to pack a lunch (usually a "maga salad"), get my books together, get myself ready and be off to open the store by noon.  OH.....there is no Northwoods Music and Supplies to open this morning....or ever again.  OH.   I think I might cry.

      I do have an exit ramp to ease me into the future.  I need to go into the store this week to clean up, pack up and move out by Sunday.   Next Monday will be the really odd day when there will be nothing to go open at all.  Culture shock.  Good one, though.  

    I am in the thick of planning my actual move to Vancouver in mid August.  My sons are wanting to know logistics.....dates, routes, how much "stuff", moving truck, etc.   My 2 sisters and I are figuring travel plans and hows of getting them  here to Park Falls and us to Glacier NP and Banff and on to Vancouver, WA.  Plenty to keep my mind occupied. 

_____________________________________________________________

Happy B-day to Jake!  11 years old today!! 

He's a head of everyone!!








 Happy B-day to (mama) Anna who has a B-day today!!


Anna was living in Portland when Jake was born in Vancouver on her B-day!

Jake and family enjoying dumplings!

________________________________________________________________

     I turned the "open" sign back on one more time.   The afternoon was abuzz with customers looking for last minute bargains.  I had 3 special fellows come in-----fellow Indiana Hoosiers from the Indianapolis area.  They were up fishing for the weekend.  They are also into music and found a few items and teaching books for one of their wives.  They were gracious to let me photograph them.  We all agreed that northern Wisconsin is a great place to live in the SUMMERTIME.  And that Indiana can get very humid in the summertime.  Thus, Grandma G is  settling in the  Pacific Northwest.
     I will miss the conversations with congenial folks who venture into Northwoods Music & Supplies.

       There is still a fair amount of inventory left; 3 days remaining until the store is cleared out and the door is shut for good. 

      The weather today was as chilly and damp as it was hot and muggy yesterday.  Variety.
      This evening I relaxed while watching 2 hours of Deadliest Catch.  I can relax because I know I am not out there on  the Bering Sea.  Rough way to make a living.


This has been a good "odd sensation" day in the life of  Grandma G. 

"He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of the faithful." (Proverbs 2:7&8)






        

No comments:

Post a Comment