Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Birthdays.....!

     Today is Lou's 74th B-day.  It is also my sister-in-law, Sandy's, 61st B-day.  Happy B-day, Lou and Sandy!







Saturday was Emelia's 3rd B-day.        
 In the morning we took the girls to a cupcake shop to buy B-day cupcakes.  I had been there the day before and had each of their names put on with frosting. 


 .....helping to blow out candles!






Charlie's Angels!
     Charlie's Angels? 

Chuck and Anna, Mimi, Liv, and Lulu

________________________________________________________________________

     This is another super busy week for me.  There is something going on every morning this week besides the afternoon at the store and piano lessons.  There is also the last minute rush to get details finished in order to close on my house.  (I'll know soon!)  If all that weren't enough (and evidently not), I offered to accompany the Butternut school's spring concert.  The 2 high school songs are difficult for me so there is much practice time needed.  (Have you heard of the person who kept banging her head against a wall because it felt so good when she stopped?  I think I am her twin sister.)

      Tuesday I went to an appointment for teeth cleaning.  They have a gadget now for deep cleaning the gums.  You snug a rounded toothpick into a handle and then you clean the deep openings in the teeth with the rough edges of the toothpick.  This is suppose to  keep one's gums in excellent health and feel really good after a week of this.  I think it is merely a mini torture device. 
      My favorite dentist for the past 25 years signed my autograph book as did his 3 office workers.  He wrote a nice compliment that he admires my courage to leave the known and head into the unknown. He hopes he has that courage when he retires. (He is about 6 years younger than me.) 

       This morning a couple came to look over this house in hopes of renting it when I move.  It was a rush (busy rush, not exciting rush) to tidy up and do the dishes.  This evening, though, it was really nice to come home to an orderly house!  Maybe I should try that rush more often.
       I talked on the phone with my daughter, Angie, for a long time this evening.  Hadn't talked with her for a few weeks.  My son, Burt, called to discuss a few difficult situations.  It was good to talk with him.

        This has been two good "head banging" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers (and sisters), whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4)

    
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment