Saturday, May 26, 2012

Graduation Parties!!

 I drove to Wausau Friday evening.  Eight of us sat around the campfire.  My 2 sons, Burt (41) and Chuck,(36) got to chatting about married life.  Guess what they were discussing?   How they HATE stinky dish rags when they do dishes.  Burt throws them out because you know they are full of bacteria.  Chuck simply makes sure they go in the laundry each night.  After listening awhile I asked them if 20 years ago they ever imagined that stinky dish rags would be their conversation around a campfire. 

 making a "porcupine"  fruit display for a 9AM to 1PM brunch.
At 17, Josh is my first grandchild to graduate from high school. He will be attending the University of Minnesota with a full scholarship, majoring in chemistry with the intention of med school.  Congratulations, Josh!! 

 Jen, Burt, Josh

     Wisconsin Geo/Lou Schmidts attend Josh's party!

_______________________________________________________________


        By 3PM on Saturday I was driving back to Park Falls for another party.  There were storms off and on in the afternoon, but my drive home had only drizzle.  (The car ran well and braked smoothly after the $900 repairs the day before.)

      I attended the graduation party for steph, the girl who worked for me during the schoolyear.  It was at a city park.  The meal was in a pavilion with a cozy fire going to ward off the chilly air.   
Congratulations, Steph!! 

________________________________________________________________


     At 6:15 I was on the road again for a graduation party 30 miles north of Park Falls. Malchi is # 6 of 11 children.  I have known him and his family for several years through our church.   I don't see them much as they attend a different one now.  This was a wonderful evening to visit, to tell them I am moving  and to have them sign my memory book.  It was probably the last lenghty time I will have with them.  
Congratulations,  Malachi!!  




                              Which picture are you going to believe?









     By the time I left at 9:30 flashes of lightening and rumbles of thunder fill the night air.  I was fortunate to follow a young man who was at the party and drivng south as I was.  He lit the way  till I was close to Park Falls.  Finally it was 10:30PM.   I was home tired, but safe and ready for....BED. 

This was a good graduation parties day in the life of Grandma G. 

"Of  making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body." (Ecclesiastes 12:12)





No comments:

Post a Comment