Thursday, May 10, 2012

One Last, Two Firsts and A Rarity....

     I woke up emotionally and psychologically distraught this morning.  I am at ground zero in the struggle for life change.  It is quite mucky and challenging on several levels. I feel like I've gone through a boxing match. Fortunately the morning was fully scheduled; I needed to be up and about and out the door by 9:45.  There was a missions meeting at my church---the last one for me.  I officially resigned after 30 some years.  I will be giving the missions report during the service in 2 weeks---my last official activity.  They have been good years.  I asked folks to sign my autograph book.  They all wanted time to think about what they are going to write, so they will sign as time goes on.  A few of us "go way back".
     My friend, Barb, and I met for lunch.  We had a pleasant time.  We are going to meet for a dinner in early June after the store is closed and have a more liesurely time.
     At the store I spent most of the afternoon working on the 2 songs for the Butternut school concert.  I felt drained energy wise, but it was good to have something to concentrate on. 



                    Park Falls water tower----school use to be Park Falls Cardinals

       I took a walk in the late afternoon and walked all the way to the music store!  My first first.  2 blocks farther than I usually walk:-)  I had forgotten to post a sign that the store will open at 1PM instead of noon on Friday, so I walked up to do that.  As I was almost to the store I heard an unusual bird call.  Looking up to the top of an evergreen, I saw a cardinal.  A Rarity.  We are suppose to BE "cardinal country" but I have seen about 5 cardinals all the years living here.  AND I didn't have my camera with me.  Bummer.
  


  The weather was perfectly pleasant---the temperature in the low 70's, mild breeze, blue sky and sunshine, the air fragrant with spring blossoms in pink and white.



     When I returned home there was a box tucked under a large basket at the back door; it was sent Fed EX Priority Overnight.  HMMMM.    What IS it?  My second first---large, luscious chocolate coated strawberries from California!  YUM.  (I know; I've already eaten one.  Directions say to eat them within 48 hours.) 
Thank you, Gerry, Gretta, Jude and Gemma for the yummy Mother's Day gift!  My first this year!  


     My realitor from Vancouver called this evening.  The house inspection is done; a few things needed attention.  There is only one hurdle left before it is Grandma G's new home!  Party time next week when all is accomplished. Yeah! 

      This has been a good "last, firsts and rarity" day in the life of Grandma G.

"When I said, 'My foot is slipping', your love, O Lord, supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." (Psalm 94:18 &19)

No comments:

Post a Comment