Monday, May 14, 2012

A Many Faceted Day....


     Sunday was a wonderful Mother's Day. Gerry called from California in the morning.  We had a pleasant chat.  After a good church service I came home to watch an enjoyable romantic comedy--a safe one for Grandma G.
     Angie called and we talked a long time.  Al called and invited me to dinner with them at a restaurant by a lake.  Good time.
     Burt and Chuck both called to tell me I am the GREATEST MOM in the WHOLE WORLD.  Thanks, guys.  
      The rest of the evening was spent at the piano and the computer---blogging.  
     
       Today was my 46 wedding anniversary.  At 8AM Lou called to invite me out for supper.  (Actually he had already asked last week for his B-day, Mother's Day and our anniversary.)  I agreed to go.

    Having stayed up until 1:30AM (blogging) and having woke up at 7AM, I wasn't sure how the day was going to progress.  I needed to run off forms for the house closing and the printer had not worked over the weekend.  With some technical experimenting (unplugging and replugging the thing) and using the desktop rather than the laptop I was able to get the forms printed.
     About mid morning the school kids across the street sounded like they were having a lot of fun---they were. I haven't seen 3 wheeled, triangular scooter before.

                            The studio folks who are working on my new CD had sent proofs for the cover and were wanting a response.  I worked with that for awhile. 
     I was suppose to be receiving more forms to sign; they having been sent by air express.  Since they didn't arrive by noon when I needed to leave I left a note on the front porch explaining my where abouts. (When I returned home this evening at 7:30 the package was tucked under the backdoor.) ReallyNo big deal---just the title to my new home.



     Most of the afternoon at the music store was spent practicing  the 2 accompaniments for the Butternut school spring program .  I think  I have a short career as an accompanist.  It is very hard work (for me) to learn and feel secure about such music. 
     A few more customers were in to check out the sales.  I was happy to sell a half priced classical guitar to a friend I have seen progress into a fine man since his timid high school days. 

     Lou and I had a pleasant anniversary dinner at a rustic sportsman's club.   He is accepting that our life styles are quite different.  He wants to see me happy.  He says 46 years seem like a life time---it is.  He matter of factly told the owners of the restaurant that this is our last anniversary.      



Flambeau River



       Out for a swim with mom, dad and nanny

     This has been a good "many faceted" day in the life of Grandma G.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Philipians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment