Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Week of Cups......#4......

     Remember yesterday when I admitted that I took 2 cups to Australia, only to bring them back to the USA?   If you don't remember or didn't even read the blog, just pretend you did.  OR.  Go back and read the blog.
     Anyway, Gita, the kind lady we were visiting offered Kate and me to pick a cup from her personal set to take home as a souvenir.  (Who's the better lady here?  Cup wise )

     I think they all had a sheep theme.  This is the one I picked out.  It can be noted that it favors right handed people.  But the picture is so cute I (or ewe) wouldn't mind holding it in my (ewer) right hand to drink my (ewer) beverage---which is probably tea. It is a bit different in that both lefties and righties have to hold the handle to the back to read the endearing message, "I love ewe".   
     There are days now that I need to drink from this cup and savor the fun, warmth,  satisfaction, friendship and love Kate and I experienced with Denis and Gita.  Ewe know what I mean?  THE END
   
 
 
A Few Flashback photos of early Aussie trip...2008
 
We're going to Australia!
 
 
 
Gita and Denis in Echuca....(Kate and I had to practice saying E-CHU-ca....like a sneeze)






Hanging out in Melbourne.....















 
Viewing the Beautiful 12 Apostles coastline
 
 
Searching for the elusive roo....
I found one......
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 
     Today started out foggy outside.  My head was a bit foggy as well.  Fortunately both cleared up as the day went on.  A handyman stopped by to check out the work I need done.  He said he has a lot of "honey do" jobs for ladies in the neighborhood.  He is coming back on Monday to do mine. 
      I am still working on organizing bills, paperwork that needs to be done, decisions that need to be finalized.  I can sense my subconscious starting to relax and settle in.  Great feeling.
      Deb called to inquire about a possible trip back to Park Falls the end of this month.  Grandma Rose is turning 100 years old on Oct.25.  Deb and Keys are probably making the trip.  Most of my kids will be there.  I told her I am not going since I will be traveling there for Christmas. 
      We also talked about finding me a primary care doctor here.  I don't like going to the doctor, but I guess that is a part of life, especially if one wants life to continue.  All of part of settling in.
      I spent a little time looking for fall decorations among all the boxes in the garage.  Found a few, but think there should be more somewhere.
      Mid afternoon I made a trip to Fred Meyers.  Spending money is suppose to stimulate the economy.  It's a good way to stimulate me as well.  Came home with a bunch of groceries, a bench for the entrance way (honey do job for my honey do handyman--bench needs to be put together.  Used to be that one goes to the store and buys ALREADY put together furniture.) AND some fall decorations.  Stimulating.  
     On the way back home I discovered that Mt. Hood can be seen from highway about a half mile from here.  Can't see it from here, but a neighbor said that Mt. St. Helene's can sometimes be seen.  There is a nice view of a smaller mountain range that runs parallel from here.  Stimulating.
 
 
       This has been a good fall, stimulating day in the life of Grandma G. 
 
    "If I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."  (Psalm 139: 9 & 10) 
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment