Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Culture Fair.....

      I woke up to rain this morning.  It seemed so mild when thinking about what the people on the east coast are enduring.  My heart goes out to them, yet I cannot really comprehend what they are going through. 
     After getting myself to water aerobics I muddled through the day not accomplishing much.  I'm at a snag for getting the rest of the house settled.  Time to get back into disciplined work mode.  Some family are coming for Thanksgiving and I want to have the house in order by then---only 3 weeks away.
     My thoughts are also getting back to working on piano music.  I have slacked off since June and need to refresh everything---including my focus and motivation.
    

     This evening I attended the Culture Fair at Micaela's school.  She featured "German dumplings". She and Grandma Carole worked on the project Sunday evening while we were all at Deb's.  I had contributed by taking pictures of the dumpling process the last time I cooked them. 
     I was amazed this evening at how well all the students presented their projects and with all the cultural diversity.  Having moved here from a small community I'm not familiar with such variety. 
 
_______________________________________________________________
 
                                     ASTORIA, OREGON TRIP......
 
 
RAINBOW....
look from lower left corner
the rainbow had a personal,peaceful meaning for me that day




British restaurant
Shepherd's pie and black bread

Our restaurant was also on pilings.  In earlier years the buildings had trap doors where unsuspecting patrons were dropped through onto ships and sent to Shanghai as "workers". 




Pilot boat used to guide ships up the Columbia River


Heading up the Astoria Bridge

Driving along the Columbia River
 
_______________________________________________
 
 
HALLOWEEN HORROR PICTURE # 2
 

 
WISCONSIN MUTANT MAN
(TOO MUCH SOLAR PANEL EXPOSURE)
 
 
     This has been a good Cultural Fair day in the life of Grandma G
 
 
     "God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne."  (Psalm 47: 8)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment