Thursday, October 4, 2012

Back Home!

     Wednesday was a mixed day of quick outlet mall shopping,  lunch out with my son, Gerry, a 40 minute walk in the almost hot sunshine, last minute packing and an hour ride to the San Diego airport for a 6:20PM flight to Portland. I was relieved that I felt better, though the walk in the sun gave me a headache. 
     The flight into Portland went well.  There I was greeted by Deb, Sissy and Micki.  They were happy to see me and I was happy to be back "home".  I say "home" because this has been home only 6 weeks.  I feel "at home" and my mind is geared toward settling in. 

  _____________________________________________________________

     Having woke up at 9:30 today was a partially relaxing day--that is, a lazy one.  I spent a large portion of the morning planning social outings for this month and family visits over the holidays.  (I had told Gerry yesterday that if I feel isolated it is my own fault.)  With many options it is hard to know how to balance "be alone at home", get involved with activities, finish getting the house in order, keeping in contact with family, figuring out an income, getting to know folks and learning my way around the city.  


       I took a walk this afternoon and was delighted with the warm sun and the fragrance of roses in the air.  FLOWERS in Oct. There aren't many flowers in northern Wisconsin in October.  (In fact, the national weather forecasts 32 degrees tonight and a 40% chance of snow on Saturday.) 

     
 
        
                                                   I now officially belong!!
 
 
      Angie called from Milwaukee.  (She sounded really far away.)  We had a good chat.  She is coming out for a Thanksgiving visit.  One of the challenges with me living "out west" will be to maintain communication with my 4 adult children and 12 grandkids in Wisconsin.
 
     This has been a good 2 "get back and be at home" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     'The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands a foolish one tears hers down."  (Proverbs 14:1)
     


No comments:

Post a Comment