Friday, October 26, 2012

HOW WEIRD IS THAT?

     All my 7 children are in Park Falls and I am NOT.  How weird is that?   This is the first time all my kids have been in the same place and I am not there.  Usually I am the one working feverishly to get my brood together in one place.  
     Tomorrow is their Grandma Rose's 100th Birthday party.  Grandma Rose is Louie's mom so the Schmidt relation will be having a big blast.  It is the weekend for my kids to celebrate with Dad's side of the family.  I am alright with that.  
     I did talk with most of them this evening while they were huddled around a campfire at Lou's house.  (The temperature is in the mid 30's.)  I wasn't going to let them be without me completely.  Campfires were a major part of their growing up.  They would sit with Lou and play "When I go out west I am taking.....".  Deb and I apparently have taken that game to heart.  Actually Gerry and Bill did too since they live in southern California. 

     I spent most of my day SHOPPING!  Actually looking at items to buy tomorrow morning when there is additional sale % off.  I shopped for and bought myself a gift, but that is still a secret.  I had a little scare (could have been a big one).  I went to get my driver's license for identification and could not find the small purse I kept it in.   I fumbled through my large purse and it just wasn't there.  The really bad part is that this little purse held all my plastic as well as cash.  OH, MY.  I took a drive home and at first couldn't find it.  THEN.....looking under a few messy piles, I found it.  Good reason to not have messy piles.  Back I went to SHOPPING.   

________________________________________________________________





Senior Outing Part 3 and there ain't no more.  

We visited the Maryhill Museum.  Short history.  John Hill from Minneapolis, MN bought hundreds of acres in the Columbia River valley to develop a utopia settlement. He built a huge concrete mansion for his wife.  She didn't like the area.  She stayed in Minneapolis.  They had a daughter who was hospitalized.  He sold the mansion to be used as a museum and returned to the midwest.



The main room is dedicated to a royal Romanian family.  I don't remember the connection.  It is of interest to me because I am a bit Romanian on my dad's side.  Perhaps some of this royalty is in my blood.


 

                                                                                                                          





 






Queen's crown and Queen


This  display caught my attention.  The higher vessel is 3,000 years old.  I wonder if any of our artifacts will be around in 3,000 years.







"Stonehenge" monument to WWI veterans.
 
 
Bridge across Columbia River
(and wind farm in distant right)
 
________________________________________________________
 
      Halloween Horror Picture #5

 
SCAREGRAM
 
       This has been a good "how weird" day in the life of Grandma G.  
 
     "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him."  (Romans 8:28) 


No comments:

Post a Comment