Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wipe Out Weekend......

       Saturday brought more warm, sunny, WINDY weather here is VC.  It was also the morning for Jake's football game.  I still wasn't feeling well, but was OK enough to ride to the game with Grandma Carole and Papa Frank.  It was a good chance to visit with Deb and family.  Jake's team lost but gave a good fight.
    The rest of my day was a wipe out...spent it in front of the TV watching mostly useless programs.  After 2 cups of ginger tea my stomach felt better, but the rest of me didn't. 

      Later that evening I lay in bed thinking about what is going on in my head and psyche.  I know some virus has a hold of me, but there is more to it.  I'm at that point in transition where it's like a plant or tree that has been transplanted.  It is surviving, but not thriving.  It is being held by it's new environment, but it's roots haven't grasped the soil to be nourished, grow, be strong and "be at home". 
     Back in Park Falls, I didn't have to  be responsible for EVERYTHING.  Somethings Lou took care of.  I'm new at being aware of furnace needs, the ice maker, skirting around the house, car repair and maintenance, weeds in the "pebble yard".  I don't have a set routine of work, socializing, shopping, bill paying, exercise.  This doesn't mean life is bad, it is just transitional.  My thoughts and emotions don't quite know how to be at peace.  Perhaps this is culture shock. Routine will eventually come about, focus hopefully will soon be realized, interaction more personal, living more natural.         
 
A tree on the Oregon coast; held firm by it's roots embedded in the cliff. 
 
 
Trees in Glacier National Park, nourished by the river.














__________________________________________

    Sunday morning.....I found the church!  Yeah!   
     I attended the service and met a few people.  I will probably go back next Sunday.  The difficult part was that I was still feeling sick, so it was hard to fully participate and interact.  
     I had intended to grocery shop after the service.  The thought of roast beef with carrots, potatoes and gravy was tantalizing.  However, getting right home seemed the thing to do. (Also had hoped to do something fun out in the sunshine for the afternoon.  Didn't happen.)
     Betty J gave me a surprise phone call from Park Falls!  It was great to hear her voice and to catch up on the latest from PF.  Later I called my son, Burt, who was driving his son, Josh, back to school in Minneapolis.  Via loudspeaker, we all had a friendly chat and talked briefly about Christmas get together plans.  Time will pass quickly from now till then.

    Early evening I took a 15 minute walk in the warm sunshine.  Evidence of Halloween is popping up!








 Other views of my neighborhood.....
            
 
 
"You All Come Back Again, You Hear!"
       This has been 2 good, though sick, days in the life of Grandma G.
 
"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither."  (Psalm 1: 1 & 3)


No comments:

Post a Comment