Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Clean Windows/New Floor!!



         After a brief time of fog we were blessed with abundant sunshine today!  The "locals" are calling it a bonus day.  I am now a local so I reckon was a bonus day of sunshine for me as well!  It was the perfect day to wash windows--or have them washed.  Handyman Bob showed up at 10 o'clock  and promptly started washing outside windows.  I was so caught up in the moment that I washed the inside windows.  I LOVE clean windows.  My house is almost new, but not quite.  There was a lot of dried paint drops on the windows and dirt on the frames.  I am one project closer to having a completely clean house!
 
Hi!
 
 
Two jets racing off under the sun
 
 
 
 
 
 
     Shortly after I moved in here the piano movers discovered a "soft spot" in the floor right inside the front door.  Recently the seller came over to check it out, then sent over a repair man to see what had happened. It is called dry rot from water seeping in and soaking the underfloor.  Today 2 fellows (dad and son) came to clean out the spot and to install new vinyl in the entrance.  They discovered that the door had not been caulked so water was getting inside the door frame and running down.  So they also caulked around the frame.  Initially Steve (dad) recommended me getting something called a "storm door"--an outside door to help keep the rain out when the front door is facing south.  I told him I am quite familiar with storm doors.  They aren't used much out here. He replied, "Oh, yah, you are from Wisconsin.  You don't sound very Wisconsin."  (Later we were chatting and he said now he could hear the Wisconsin accent. ) I am sort of a curiosity around here, with me being from the east.



     I now have a nicely repaired entrance and new vinyl. No more worries about dry rot.
(Ignore the pink curtain, it will soon be replaced with something more appropriate.)
 
     I spent sometime this evening getting familiar with e-coupons that can be uploaded to my Fred Meyer reward card.  This is a new science to me.  Also the world of reward cards and club cards is new and is fast giving me a handful of plastic to carry around. 
 
     The weatherman said there will be one more day of sun and then the rain and cold weather will return.  The weekend will be chilly--in the 50's.  Burrr.
 
     This has been a good "wash windows/get new floor" day in the life of Grandma G. 
 
     "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  (John 8:12) 









 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment