Friday, October 19, 2012

RAIN......

     Today I am experiencing the PNW...RAIN...It is different from mid west rain.  There is no thunder or lightening, just a downpour of RAIN.  Though it is chilly outside, it is not COLD. 
     This was an indoor day for me, except to go to the chiropractor who made my sore shoulder hurt even more.  He said it was a necessary pain to get the scare tissue dissolved.  I guess it is getting better, but still achy.  (I am learning about exercise stretch bands.)





     Handyman Bob was here to put together several pieces of small furniture.  I now have a dandy bench for folks to sit on as they take off their wet boots or shoes---and for strawboy to sit on for a season. 
    Also have 4 red stools for company, plus book cases and end tables. 
     I have a goal of my house being completely set up by Thanksgiving when some family is coming to visit.  The first phase moved along quickly.  This second phase is a little more time consuming. 


     I made some phone calls to Park Falls to inquire if any of my new CD's have sold.  One did!  Was hoping for more than that.  It was nice to talk to a few people that I know from there. 
    The day was productive until 4:30.  Then I vegged in front of the TV for most of the evening.   Since the weather was conducive to a fire in a fireplace I did just that. it didn't burn as nicely as when Deb lit it for me.  I opened the flue (I thought).  It burned ok, but just ok.  In the late evening  when all was cool in the firepit I tried the flue again.  THIS time I got it open.  I knew that when the air suddenly turned quite chilly.  It's all part of the learning process. 
 
 
 
      FLASHBACK/AUTUMN IN MIDWEST

 
Doesn't it just blow you away?
 
     This has been a good, very rainy PNW day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Love the Lord your God and serve him with all your heart  and with all  your soul--then I will send on your land in its seasons, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and oil."  (Deuteronomy 11:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment