Friday, October 5, 2012

Self Discipline/lack of....

     The difficult part for me (at the moment) living alone is the lack of "have to".  I have no job to punch in to at a certain time.  There are no people waiting for me to cook meals.  I don't have to get up or go to bed at a set time.   I have no set of projects or reports that need to be finished in a day. 
SO.......it is SO easy to loaf the day away.
     I don't lack for several projects, paperwork, planning, items to put away, places to go, schedules to work out, income opportunities to explore.  I just  don't "Have To" do them right now.  SO.....I don't.  Seems that is described as self-discipline or the lack of. 
     I rationalize that I am contending with culture shock, stress from the past several months,  fatigue of crossing the Rockies before the snow set in, adjusting to semi-retirement, isolation because of not knowing many people,  Yet the truth is......."I just don't want to do anything".
     In time, though, one must round up all those untamed "need to do's" and "don't wanna" thoughts, harness them together and get back into the race.  The human race, that is. 
 
    In truth the weather here in VC was beautiful today, though quite windy.  That is a stark reminder why I've moved out this way.  Here is another:
 
 
(VC  tomorrow will be sunny, windy and 70 degrees)
 
     Truthfully, also,  I did get to the chiropractor and did some grocery shopping.  After being in Carlsbad, CA for 10 days the drive in my neighborhood seemed quite rural, though congested at the 2 major intersections.  (Another interesting observation is that my little area is nicely quiet.  Traffic was loud around Gerry's. )
     Another truthful is that I didn't feel well again today.  SO....extra rest was necessary. 
 
FLASHBACK:  FAMILY PUMPKIN PARTY
WISCONSIN   OCTOBER, 2011  
GREAT FUN!!
 

 
 
     This has been a good "lack of self discipline" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."  (Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment