Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sunshine and Trader Joe's...




     Today was forecast to be the last day of ....SUNSHINE.  So after a day of window washing yesterday I figured this would be a great day to be "out and about".  I have been wanting to explore Trader Joe's grocery here in east Vancouver.  It is a slight drive, but not too bad.  Turns out it was an enjoyable drive--not much traffic, sunshine and colored leaves. I spent over an hour checking out the store before I checked out---my organic groceries, that is.   






 
 
 
 
fun healthy food, including
Pumpkin Cheesecake
from Trader Joe's
 
 
 

Trader Joe pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns AND roasted Pumpkin Seeds!  YUM!     
 
There aren't all for me.  Five are for Deb's family.  Carving party this weekend!
 
 
       After bringing my groceries home, having a bit of lunch I was "out and about" again.  This time to Fred Meyers to snatch their bargains before the weather turns bad.  I was all excited because framed art was 40% off.  I had seen a great picture of the Oregon coast at the store last week.  I figured I would wait until it went on sale to purchase it.  So that is what I planned to do.  Nope.
Couldn't find it anywhere.  Someone else must have figured the same as me. 
 
      Remember the light pink curtain on a long skinny window?  Well, I am anxious to be rid of it and find something suitable that fits.  I stopped at a home store to look at possible window treatments.  Decided on look-like wood blinds.  Ordered them special made.  Paid for them and they will show up at my house in 2 weeks.  Then handyman Bob can install them for me.  Yeah!
 
      By 8:30 PM the rain began.  It is forecast to continue for about a week.  But not full force all that time.  I can handle 30% chance of rain.   
 
     This has been a good, sunny "out and about" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
    "For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the works of your hands, and your joy will be complete."  (Deuteronomy 16:15)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment